- Start: Oct 16 2019 09:00
- Finish: Oct 18 2019 17:00
- Time zone: Europe/Brussels
This 3-day course equips the participant with the ability to perform a process-assessment based on the TIPA method for ITIL®, under the leadership of a TIPA Lead Assessor. The course enables participants to make use of the tools provided in the TIPA toolbox, prepares participants to conduct interviews, assess and rate process or processes, determine the current ITSM process maturity, write the assessment report, and provide recommendations for process optimization.
During this course, participants will be optimally prepared to take and pass the TIPA Assessor for ITIL Certification Exam and become a Certified TIPA Assessor for ITIL.
● Course Introduction● TIPA for Process Assessment of IT Service Management● Roles in the TIPA Project● Definition and Preparation Phases● Assessment Phase● Analysis Phase● Results Presentation and Closure Phases● Template● Introduction to Simulation● Lunch● Exam Preparation/Mock Exam● Exam● Total
● Get a global understanding of standard process assessment (as of ISO/IEC 15504 soon to become ISO/IEC 33000)● Understand the ITSM process descriptions proposed by TIPA, in relation with ITIL.● Use the tools provided in the TIPA toolbox to perform each of the activities conducted by a TIPA Assessor during the phases of the assessment project● Understand the difference between process purpose, process outcomes, base practices, work products, process attributes and generic practices● Use the TIPA model to conduct interviews● Rate the maturity level of processes based on the interviews against the TIPA rating scale● Perform a SWOT analysis based on evidence found● Propose improvement recommendations according to the context of the organization● Write a report based on templates and structures provided by the TIPA toolbox● Explain the TIPA assessment method and process model structure● Know how to apply the principles of ISO/IEC 15504 in relation to ITIL processes
● Course Introduction● TIPA for Process Assessment of IT Service Management● (includes Assignment 1: Process Maturity Level definition● Assignment 2: Order of Process Maturity Levels● Assignment 3: Experiencing the Rating Scale)● Roles in the TIPA Project● Definition and Preparation Phases● Lunch● Assessment Phase● (includes Assignment 4: TIPA Process Model – Quiz● Assignment 5: Interview Rating at LARIPS – Part 1● Assignment 6: Teach-back Attributes)● Homework (review of day’s material)Day 2
● Assessment Phase● (includes Assignment 7: Interview Rating at LARIPS – Part 2● Assignment 8: LARIPS – Process Rating● Assignment 9: Maturity Level determination)● Analysis Phase● (includes Assignment 10: Discover Tool T12 – SWOT & Recommendations● Assignment 11: SWOTs and Recommendations● Assignment 12: Discover Tool T16 – Overall Profile & Analysis Template)● Presentation and Closure Phases● (includes Assignment 14: LARIPS Assessment Report preparation movie● Assignment 15: Discover Tool T18 – Assessment Results Presentation Template● Assignment 16: LARIPS Results Presentation for Incident Management)● Introduction to Simulation● Lunch● Simulation (cont’d)● Homework (review of day’s material)Day 3
● Simulation (cont’d)● Lunch● Exam Preparation/Mock Exam● Exam● Total
Who can Attend?● Individuals who play a role in assessing and improving ITIL or ITSM processes in an organization and who would like to know how to use TIPA to assess and improve these processes.● Individuals who participate in ITIL implementations in organizations and who are interested in understanding how TIPA can help to measure ITIL process-maturity for capability determination (either in a supplier selection process or as a benchmarking tool)● Individuals who are looking for a turnkey-solution for process assessment to estimate the ROI of ITIL implementations in organizations.● Individuals who have ITIL or ISO/IEC15504 backgrounds and who want to perform the role of an assessor in a TIPA assessment project.● Individuals seeking the TIPA Lead Assessor for ITIL certification, for which this qualification is a prerequisite.● Individuals in typical roles (but not limited to): ITIL/ITSM process owners, process managers, process designers, architects, planners, IT process improvement consultants, internal auditors, IT quality manager, IT security professionals and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination, and integration of ITIL/ITSM processes.